New Year resolution for 2015

It's a brand new year and that also means a new set of RESOLUTIONS which I probably won't be able to finish anyways.

My past years resolutions:-
2011: I will lose 10 kgs this year!
2012: I will REALLY lose 10 kgs this year! NOT kidding this time!
2013: Ok, ok, I will SERIOUSLY NOT fail this year and I'm saying this with MUCH enthusiasm!
2014: I'm just gonna change my whole wardrobe

With age comes wisdom. I get it now.

So for my 2015 resolution (from this year onward) I'm going to learn to write. Writing was NEVER my best skills. I always have problems trying to find the right kind of words for my sentences. What I really want to do is write down stories, to generate and express my ideas into words. Just like how I generate my ideas into illustrations but I always can't seem to put them into words.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that before you learn to write, you must first read. This is the hard part for me. I wasn't an avid reader. In fact, I HATE reading. I hated reading so much I even convinced myself I was mild dyslexic. So I never bothered reading novels and other story books other than my school books. You could say I'm a visual kind of person but I guess, I'm just tired of giving excuses for myself.

You see, I want to write children's story books. In fact, it's one of the things in my bucket list. I think it'll be kind of fun right? Writing a book and doing the illustrations at the same time. It's a long shot but I think there's no harm trying.

Here's to the new year and a newer self. Hope you guys will make your resolutions come true too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Page Older Page Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...